Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Checking out the toys

It's weird posting here because sometimes I think no one really reads it and I'm kind of talking to myself. That's something I do often. I just don't typically put it into print.

Anyhow being here in Lynchburg with the three kiddos by myself is wearing me out. I joke you not when I say I have to vaccuum like 6 times a day. I change an equal amount of poopy diapers. Not just standard poopy diapers, cloth poopy diapers. HBOT is going well. Brady's eye contact is great! His receptive lanuage seems to have improved as well. I told him to take off his jacket the other day and by golly he did it. He's even responding well to "sit down and take off your shoes". Today we went to a store that sold books and toys. I loaded Sadie and Brady up in the double stroller. Typically Brady is content to sit in the stroller but today it was different. He climbed out of the stroller and was investigating the toys. He walked up and touched some of them. He also put his mouth on the wheels of some of the cars. He just couldn't resist. He even seemed like he actually wanted one of the toys, a school bus that was also a shape sorter. I worry so much about lead tainted toys though. He lost interest so I put the overpriced toy back. But the fact that he was looking was great.

1 comment:

Liz said...

You're not talking to yourself.

I'm glad to hear that Brady was looking at the toys now. That is great progress.