Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Brady had the flu for a week. On Monday I took him to the ped because he had a fever for 6 days at that point. They checked his ears and they were infected. Superb! The first ear infection of his like happens one week prior to him starting HBOT. He can't do HBOT if he has an EI. The doc presribed an oral antiobiotic but I knew he wasn't going to take it. I called them the next day and requested an injectable antibiotic Rocephin. They were hesitant but we needed that ear infection gone. So he went on Tuesday and got the first dose. They had to split it into two syringes so he got one in each thigh.

Brady seemed better today. I took him and got his haircut. I'm trying to discourage him from twirling his head bald. Did I mention that he twirled the hair on the crown of his head so much it created a bald spot? Best cut yet. He cried but sat there *mostly* still. The lady cutting it asked if he was only *mildly autistic*. They always ask me that there. She said she thinks he's mild because he's ok for his haircuts. As though the scale for autism is based on haircuts. LOL BUT....she did mention Jenny McCarthy and seemed to understand the relationship between toxins and autism so that was great.

Brady went back today for his second dose of Rocephin. I had to hold him down for the dose yesterday and it broke my heart. It took me back to all his vaccines and I wanted to hurl. I wanted to throw my arms around him and tell him how sorry I was for doing that to him and how I wish I could change things. How I wish he didn't have to struggle so hard now because of the choices *I* made for him. I know guilt only strangles and can't change things but sometimes I need to feel that guilt. Some days I wish so badly I could turn back time and undo the damage done to Brady.

1 comment:

Lou said...

Yes, oh yes I know your pain too well :( I just took my blind baby twin boy for a Rocephin shot and all the way home I'm hating myself for putting him through that. Wondering if he will disappear from me now, the way his now five year old (blind and autistic) brother did... I fear every single day that I am going to wake up and Geordie will be "Gone"...... It's such a tough road to journey, thanks for writing about it - helps to know we're not alone... :(