Tuesday, February 26, 2008

HBOT...4 down, 36 to go!

So here we are in Lynchburg at Dr.Mumper's. Brady did his first two dives yesterday and two more today. He has been great too. We aren't forcing the entire hood yet. For now we make him wear the ring which he is suprisingly tolerating it very well. Today in fact he went over to crawl into the chamber on his own accord. I laughed. Inside he gives no indication that he's feeling the pressure change. He happily watches his Spongebob DVD. He is content to watch the menu most of the time. Today he rewound it to the opening song so that I would sing it over and over. He makes the most amazing eye contact when we sing to him, with a giant smile to boot. It's amazing and I could drown in his eyes.

Sadie and I are going in with him. I've timed it so that we dive when she is tired so I nurse her during the pressure changes and she sleeps between them. She's great in the chamber. As well as the dives are going the thought of 36 more is daunting. I wish it weren't so many. I miss home but I think this is going to be AMAZING for Brady. I'm super excited about his upcoming appt with Dr.Kaplan.

Robin and Drew.....we miss you guys!

1 comment:

Beth said...

YOu look great. Glad things are going well. Miss you!